- Red and green food coloring
- 1 cup distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sweet relish
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- garlic salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste
Hard Boiled Egg Directions:
- Place one layer of eggs to a large saucepan, do NOT over crowd the eggs.
- Add water (just enough to over the eggs)
- On high heat bring water to a boil
- Take the eggs off the heat once water starts to boil and cover. Let sit covered for ten minutes
- Transfer eggs gently to a bowl of ice water, leave eggs in the water until they have cooled.
Directions for Dying the Eggs:
- Mix 20 drops of green food coloring with 5 drops of red, a cup of vinegar, and 2 cups of water all together in a class bowl.
- Add eggs. Make sure eggs are completely covered in the dye mixture, rotate occasionally, and leave over night.
(Matt thought these looked like rotten avocados!)
- Under running water gently take the skin off the eggs. They will look like this:
- Cut eggs in half with a paring knife and scoop out the yolk.
- Mix yolk and last 5 ingredients on a bowl. Combine completely
- Spoon the yolk mixture back into each egg and put the two halves back together letting a little of the yolk squish out for effect.
This is a super fun and easy project to do with kids in the kitchen! Who doesn't love a good Dragon Deviled Egg!